background

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Welcome

Happy summer! Doesn't it feel good to have some "me" time to read? Grab a cool drink, find your favorite spot, and don't forget your book! We are going to start with 'The Daily Five". This book is often referred to as the "what the students are doing" piece or "the management" piece. Let's read this first so we can try to implement it right away in the up coming school year.

The C.A.F.E. book is often referred to as the "what the teacher is doing"piece or the "assessment" piece. Don't worry it is not something to add to your plate... it will make what we are doing with our curriculum easier!
Make sure you check the reading calendar on the side bar to keep up with the discussion. If you miss a post don't worry you can always look back and add your comments. Also, let yourself get lost in all the great blogs and websites we are following!
HAPPY READING!



5 comments:

  1. I have already read both books, but can't wait to read them again with great teachers who are ready to share and reflect what they are SYNTHESIZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment, but I don't see it. Well, it's out there somewhere. The books look great! I can't wait to read them this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read both books, but only have the Cafe with me at home. I guess I will just see what everyone writes. Unless, I can get a Daily 5 books some how?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have begun to read The Daily 5 and really am amazed by some of the ideas in the book. It really is wonderful to see the simplicity and power of this system as a 1st year teacher!! I can't wait to talk about it with the community and will surely want to read The Cafe Book as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Daily 5 book arrived today. I will start reading tonight.

    ReplyDelete